Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day

We had such a great day today. The fam and I went to the 75th Annual Sacred Heart Labor Day Festival. The kids got to play games and play on the bouncy slides while Robbie and I worked the Fast Pitch Booth. After 5 hours we came home with several little stuffed animal key chains, 3 slap bracelets, 2 high bounce balls, and 1 arm tattoo that looks like stitches.

Tried to make a Turkey for dinner today. (I know, you are supposed to grill out, but we had grilly-out type food at the festival). Put the bird in the oven at 4:00 thinking it should only take about 1 1/2 hours to cook. Well, I had a 9lb turkey that was not done by Dinner time. (I am usually a better cook than that.) So, Dominoes to the rescue. The kids were ecstatic as we NEVER eat out.

On a more serious note. My Grandfather passed away on August 25th of this year. He was a great man who served 28 years in the US Army and was married for over 50 years. He had two children, 4 grandchildren, and at the time of his passing, he has 6 great-grandchildren. While I was in Iowa for the funeral, I was privileged enough to meet his sisters and some of their children. Most of these people I had never met before. I dare to say we now all have a bond that hopefully we will always have and we will always stay in touch.

This afternoon I was so saddened to hear that my Grandfather's Nephew and his wife, Mike and Cathy, lost a daughter. My heart goes out to the Moon family and we will continue to send our love and prayers.

No comments: