Thursday, June 17, 2010

Living on a Farm

Just so we're clear, I do not live on a farm. Nor do I own a dog or cat. However, this morning I find myself cleaning trash out of my yard, yes again. This is becoming a daily occurance. Apparently my trash is better than the neighbors? So, while I am cleaning up my trash I hear the cows moo. Not uncommon since the field beside me is a cow pasture. What I see when I look up is two huge eyes glaring at me from my patio. I'm going to call the cow Bubba, don't know why, he just looks like a Bubba. So anyway, Bubba and I have a little stare down and even tho I am a bit frightened, I refuse to give up any more of my yard to animals that I don't own. After a while of me standing there, hands on hips, staring the enormous cow down, Rusty and Roscoe come to my rescue and chase the cow out of my yard and back into his own field. Rusty and Roscoe are the dogs that seem to think my trash is top shelf. Rusty and Roscoe are my heroes and are welcome to my trash now.

No comments: