Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Grandfather, 80 Years Young

This is Leroy. Leroy is my grandfather. He is an amazing person in every sense of the way.

We celebrated my grandfather's 80th birthday last Sunday, May 23. He was a Command Seargent Major in the US Army, worked for the State of Alabama, he is a devoted husband, a father to 6, a grandfather to 9, and a great grandfather to 10.

 

 

He is also an amazing volunteer. He is active in the Shriner's and Mason's to name a few.





He loves spending time with his family and telling stories of the "good ol days."



He has traveled the world and been in several wars. Even recieving the Purple Heart.


Of all the things my grandfather has done,


and all the things my grandfather is,




The most important role he has played is My Hero. I hope to be just like him when I grow up.

No comments: